Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> on 2006/11/12 05:45:49 UTC

[Fwd: Re: Uh, where did our betas go?]

An interesting piece of information

Antoine

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Uh, where did our betas go?
Date: 	Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:01:50 -0800
From: 	Paul Querna <pq...@apache.org>
To: 	Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>
CC: 	infrastructure@apache.org

Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 11/11/06, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So is that what /www/people.apache.org/dist is for? Betas? I've been
>> trying to figure that out as there's lots I want to delete in
>> /www/people/.
>
> This is what I've been using to decide where to put things:
>   http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#build-directories
>
> So people.a.o/builds for nightlies and for staging distributions
> before a vote, then people.a.o/dist if it has passed a vote but isn't
> final or GA quality.

It doesn't say that anymore, I have updated that document in trunk. It
will be on the website in couple hours.

For any release, even an 'unstable' release, it should never go on
cvs.a.o or people.apache.org because they are not backed up, nor are
they automatically synced to archive.apache.org.

Use www.apache.org/dist and be merry.

-Paul