Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Feng Ji <fe...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/01 23:14:50 UTC

the correct way to add key/value pair in metadata of CrawlDatum (nutch 08)

Hi,

I use MapWritable metaData in CrawlDatum to carry information. I am using
the following code to add one pair of String, for example: using UTF8 as
Writable container

metadata.put(new UTF8("key1"), new  UTF8("value1") );

Will that be right?

I raise this question is because when my crawling scale become large,
fetcher has fatal I/O error to read fetchlist. I just wonder if UTF8 will
possible to cause the problem.

thanks,

Michael,