Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Screaming Eagle <te...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/03 15:35:47 UTC

subversion with https...

All,
I am using svnauth, one of the feature it has is access perm per directory.
I have so far, for example:
[/]
* = r
[/dir1]
* =
andy = rw
This works. But I want to be able to deny access to all and explicitly give
access. For example
[/]
* =
[dir1]
andy = rw
Would this work?  It doesn't appear to be working for me. Maybe I am doing
something wrong, like the synthax is not correct.

Any idea?  Thanks.

Re: subversion with https...

Posted by Matt Sickler <cr...@gmail.com>.
it should work exactly like that

On 3/3/07, Screaming Eagle <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
> I am using svnauth, one of the feature it has is access perm per
> directory.  I have so far, for example:
> [/]
> * = r
> [/dir1]
> * =
> andy = rw
> This works. But I want to be able to deny access to all and explicitly
> give access. For example
> [/]
> * =
> [dir1]

except that needs to be [/dir1]   IIRC

Re: subversion with https...

Posted by Screaming Eagle <te...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, this works for me as well. But I would like to take a not allow stance
unless otherwise specify.  Has anyone gotten this to work? Deny /, but
specifically allow users to subdir [dir1]. Any idea?  Thanks.

RE: subversion with https...

Posted by Clemens Mensik <c....@ip2.at>.