Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by gc...@s-und-n.de on 2002/08/07 09:20:47 UTC

SlideRealm does not work

Hi all,

I tried  Tomcat authentication with SlideRealm of current CVS  with Tomcat
4.0.4 as explained at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/howto-tomcat.html

I know that it's targeted at Slide 1.x but it's still valid for current
CVS. (Except I figured that slide-catalinawrapper.jar needs to be copied to
server/lib and not to common/lib)

The following code in SlideRealm.java however does not work

    NodeProperty password =
        revisionDescriptor.getProperty
        ("password", NodeProperty.SLIDE_NAMESPACE);

NodeProperty.SLIDE_NAMESPACE is defined as "
http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/"

but there is no such namespace in domain.xml and adding one did not help
either.
So I changed the code to

    NodeProperty password =
        revisionDescriptor.getProperty
        ("password");

and authentication worked.

Could someone please apply the fix or explain to me how it is supposed to
work?

TIA
Guido

Re: SlideRealm does not work

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Hi Guido,

gcasper@s-und-n.de wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried  Tomcat authentication with SlideRealm of current CVS  with Tomcat
> 4.0.4 as explained at:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/howto-tomcat.html
>
> I know that it's targeted at Slide 1.x but it's still valid for current
> CVS. (Except I figured that slide-catalinawrapper.jar needs to be copied to
> server/lib and not to common/lib)
>

> The following code in SlideRealm.java however does not work
>
>     NodeProperty password =
>         revisionDescriptor.getProperty
>         ("password", NodeProperty.SLIDE_NAMESPACE);
>

> NodeProperty.SLIDE_NAMESPACE is defined as "
> http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/"
>
> but there is no such namespace in domain.xml and adding one did not help
> either.

Actually, that namespace should also be used in the sample Domain.xml.
The namespace "/slide" (or was it "slide/") is bogus. I'll apply the
change to CVS in a second.

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de