Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> on 2016/03/16 16:31:32 UTC

Pull request with already committed commits

Pull request 11

https://github.com/apache/incubator-quarks/pull/11

contained two commits that were already in master:
504a50b1d6e25074b88d1e98721b7103b23e3e4a
d41304d8fce49306691c06113a71aa6171a94c3f

The files-changed view at github correctly ignored these diffs so I assumed there were not an issue during the merge.

It seems that there were from a code point of view, but it seems the e-mail trace implied those changes were made during the merge of the request.

So I was wondering:

1) How did a commit request end up including those changes?
2) More importantly, how would we ask a contributor to 'fix" their pull request such that it only is linked to their commits?

Dan.

Re: Pull request with already committed commits

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
You can get into weired situations similar to this if you does not have the
latest code on your branch, or if started from a diferent branch.
Rebasing from master should resolve the issue.

--
Sent from my Mobile device