Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by ChhabraDeepti <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/09 05:20:48 UTC

LUCENE Read Time Out ERROR

I am using lucene for searching in my project.
The issue that i am mainly facing is i get al lot of read time out's in the
error logs and the data is not returned back.
I m making a Data call, which returns me a XML with the result set.

I am doing this :

InputStream is = null;
HttpURLConnection conn = null;
StringBuffer searchParams = new
StringBuffer(photoRb.getString(REQ_READ_PHOTO_URL));
searchParams.append(SEARCH_PARAM).append("=").append(URLEncoder.encode(searchString,
CommonUtils.DEFAULT_ENCODING));

String url = searchParams.toString();
int response; // default to unavailable
URL writeURL = new URL(url);
logger.info("Getting HttpURLConnection");
conn = (HttpURLConnection) writeURL.openConnection();
conn.setUseCaches(false);
logger.info("HttpURLConnection Connecting...");
conn.connect();
response = conn.getResponseCode();
At this line response = conn.getResponseCode(); i get a lot or read time out
error's and if i keep rereshing the page, i do see the results on my jsp
page.
And i am seeing this behaviour in my local system as well as the dev and QA
servers.

Any hints/clues, what can be done to get rid of this kind of errors.

Thanks
Deepti