Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by venu reddy <ve...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/09 18:27:51 UTC

New itest folder: guidelines

Folks, I am planing to create my own folder (venu) in java/sca/itests  and
write few sample tests. Can any  one please post if  you have any guidelines
on writing pom.xml (\java\sca\itests\venu\pom.xml)  to include my sample
tests for maven to build and execute.
Thanks,
Venu.

A 'wish' changes nothing. A 'decision' changes everything! ---- Anon

Re: New itest folder: guidelines

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
You could use some of the other project existing pom[1] as guidelines.
The poms are all inheriting the necessary configuration to run the
tests from the parent pom [2] and it looks like below :

               <!-- surefire plugin configuration -->
                <plugin>
                    <version>2.3</version>
                    <configuration>
                        <includes>
                            <include>**/*TestCase.java</include>
                        </includes>
                        <reportFormat>brief</reportFormat>
                        <useFile>false</useFile>
                        <forkMode>once</forkMode>
                        <argLine>-ea -Xmx128m</argLine>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/itest/contribution/pom.xml
[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/pom.xml

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: New itest folder: guidelines

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Venu,

To start with, you could also simply copy over one of the poms in the
existing itests and modify the artifact names, dependencies etc. that
is specific to what you plan to do.

- Venkat

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
venu reddy wrote:
> Folks, I am planing to create my own folder (venu) in java/sca/itests  and
> write few sample tests. Can any  one please post if  you have any guidelines
> on writing pom.xml (\java\sca\itests\venu\pom.xml)  to include my sample
> tests for maven to build and execute.
> Thanks,
> Venu.

> A 'wish' changes nothing. A 'decision' changes everything! ---- Anon

There's no strict naming convention for itests but I'd suggest to give a
meaningful name to the folder, clearly showing what the test case is about.

--
Jean-Sebastien