Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Gayard, Leonel" <Le...@gft.com> on 2015/10/19 17:42:28 UTC

cordova-plugin-file, what is the use of the native reader ?

Hi,

I've started to use cordova-plugin-file, and found an issue while reading a file; I've filed it in issue CB-9810 [1]

Within FileReader.js , method #readAsText delegates to the web view's FileReader [2], [3]

My question is, is there a reason to delegate to the web view's FileReader, if the native code of the plugin contains an implementation of FileReader ?

I have customized the source of the plugin embedded in my app, removing this call to the original FileReader, thus forcing the plugin to use the implementation; in my case, that's on Android.

Can you offer some advice regarding the FileReader ?

Thanks and regards,

  [1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-9810
  [2]: https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file/blob/r3.0.0/www/FileReader.js#L130
  [3]: https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file/blob/r3.0.0/www/FileReader.js#L28

Leonel Gayard

GFT Brasil Consultoria Inform?tica Ltda.
Av. Sao Francisco, 98
18.095-450 Sorocaba, Brasil

T      +55 15 3414 6546
Leonel.Gayard@gft.com