Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by mchack <mc...@cisco.com> on 2007/09/28 01:23:24 UTC

Clustering Question - Can the 2nd Level Page Cache be shared in a clustered filesystem configuration?

I am deploying my application in a clustered environment. Eliminating session
sticky load balancing would be an advantage for me. Session data is already
replicated in a clustered environment. Are the mechanics in place to share
the Page Cache with other machines if I use a clustered file system that
allows concurrent access in this way providing non sticky LB across the
cluster?

-Mike

Re: Clustering Question - Can the 2nd Level Page Cache be shared in a clustered filesystem configuration?

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ah, I guess i understood the question a bit wrong then. Sticky mode is
preferred with wicket, as we use redirect to buffer render strategy by
default. Also from a performance standpoint, I'd recommend sticky
mode.

As for the page store, what i suggested was a merely performance
improvement. Since you 'd have clustered disk page store, there's no
need to replicate the last accessed page over the cluster using the
standard session replication. So what my suggestion would do is that
you'd have only a _very_ small (couple of hundreds of bytes)
replicated session state.

-Matej

Posted by mchack <mc...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
"Serialize to the session" is a completely wrong statement
Nothing is serialized into the session, it is put in the session. and then
the application server
can serialize the session to other nodes or to disk or what ever.
If you have an standard app server and you don't have multiply nodes and you
don't restart
the server then normally the pages are never serialized that are kept in the
session

We do serialize the pages besides the session. And matej made some
optimizations that
when the server does cluster (serialize) that the page is only serialized
once and it tries
to reuse that byte instance.

johan

Posted by mchack <mc...@cisco.com>.