Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by NJain <ni...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/28 14:18:45 UTC

Re: no jobtracker to stop,no namenode to stop

Hi,

I am facing an issue where the map job is stuck at map 0% reduce 0%.

I have installed Hadoop version 1.2.1 and am trying to run on my windows 8
machine using cygwin in pseudo distribution mode. I have followed the
instruction at: http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/single_node_setup.html
and have copied the configuration files from there itself.

When I do stop-all.sh, I observe output as below:
stopping jobtracker
*localhost: no tasktracker to stop*
stopping namenode
localhost: stopping datanode
localhost: stopping secondarynamenode

Can anyone please help or suggest me on this? I am stuck with this for a
while now.

Thanks,
Nitesh

Re: no jobtracker to stop,no namenode to stop

Posted by NJain <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nikhil,

Just tried what you asked for and yes there are files and folders in
c:/Hadoop/name (folders: current, image, previous.checkpoint, in_use.lock)
and also tried with the firewall is disabled.

Just want to let you know one more thing that when on Jobtracker UI, I
click on '0' under column nodes (ref: my last post), I get the following
message:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
localhost Hadoop Machine ListActive Task TrackersThere are currently no
known active Task Trackers.

Is it so that the task trackers are not starting?

I get the following message on start-all.sh:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$ start-all.sh
starting namenode, logging to
/cygdrive/c/hadoop/hadoop-1.2.1/libexec/../logs/hadoop-Nitesh-namenode-XX.out
localhost: starting datanode, logging to
/cygdrive/c/hadoop/hadoop-1.2.1/libexec/../logs/hadoop-Nitesh-datanode-XX.out
localhost: starting secondarynamenode, logging to
/cygdrive/c/hadoop/hadoop-1.2.1/libexec/../logs/hadoop-Nitesh-secondarynamenode-XX.out
starting jobtracker, logging to
/cygdrive/c/hadoop/hadoop-1.2.1/libexec/../logs/hadoop-Nitesh-jobtracker-XX.out
*localhost: starting tasktracker, logging to
/cygdrive/c/hadoop/hadoop-1.2.1/libexec/../logs/hadoop-Nitesh-tasktracker-XX.out
*

when I
cat /cygdrive/c/hadoop/hadoop-1.2.1/libexec/../logs/hadoop-Nitesh-tasktracker-XX.out,
I get:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ulimit -a for user Nitesh
core file size          (blocks, -c) unlimited
open files                      (-n) 256
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 2023
max user processes              (-u) 256

but when I $stop-all.sh, I get:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stopping jobtracker
*localhost: no tasktracker to stop*
stopping namenode
localhost: stopping datanode
localhost: stopping secondarynamenode

Do you know how can I verify that the tasktrackers are starting correctly?

Thanks,
Nitesh

Posted by NJain <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nikhil,

Appreciate your quick response on this, but the issue still continues. I
believe I have covered all the pointers you have mentioned. Still I am
pasting the portions of the documents so that you can verify.

1. /etc/hosts file,  localhost should not be commented, and add ip address.
The entry looks like the below:
# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
        127.0.0.1       localhost

2. core-site.xml, hdfs//localhost:port number
<configuration>
     <property>
         <name>fs.default.name</name>
         <value>hdfs://localhost:9000</value>
     </property>
</configuration>
3. mapred-site.xml hdfs//localhost:port number mapred.local.dir
<configuration>
     <property>
         <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
         <value>localhost:9001</value>
     </property>
</configuration>

4. hdfs-site.xml 1.replication factor should be one
                      include dfs.name.dir property
                                dfs.data.dir property
                                for both the property check on net
<configuration>
     <property>
         <name>dfs.replication</name>
         <value>1</value>
     </property>
     <property>
         <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
         <value>c:/Hadoop/name</value>
     </property>
     <property>
         <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
         <value>c:/Hadoop/data</value>
     </property>
</configuration>

I am getting stuck at:
13/08/30 11:39:26 WARN mapred.JobClient: No job jar file set.  User classes
may not be found. See JobConf(Class) or JobConf#setJar(String).
13/08/30 11:39:26 INFO input.FileInputFormat: Total input paths to process
: 1
13/08/30 11:39:26 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
13/08/30 11:39:26 WARN snappy.LoadSnappy: Snappy native library not loaded
13/08/30 11:39:27 INFO mapred.JobClient: Running job: job_201308301135_0002
13/08/30 11:39:28 INFO mapred.JobClient:  map 0% reduce 0%

My Jobtracker UI looks like this:

Cluster Summary (Heap Size is 120.06 MB/888.94 MB)Running Map TasksRunning
Reduce TasksTotal SubmissionsNodesOccupied Map SlotsOccupied Reduce
SlotsReserved
Map SlotsReserved Reduce SlotsMap Task CapacityReduce Task CapacityAvg.
Tasks/NodeBlacklisted NodesGraylisted NodesExcluded
Nodes0010<http://localhost:50030/machines.jsp?type=active>
000000-0 <http://localhost:50030/machines.jsp?type=blacklisted>0<http://localhost:50030/machines.jsp?type=graylisted>
0 <http://localhost:50030/machines.jsp?type=excluded>

I have a feeling that the jobtracker is not able to find the task tracker
as there is a 0 in nodes column.

Does this ring any bells to you?

Thanks,
Nitesh Jain