Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com> on 2012/03/20 11:03:15 UTC

Question on Apache James App 3.0-beta4

Hi all

I start a separate thread to not pollute the voting thread with other stuff.

I just built the the app from the svn tag (works fine) and unzipped it.
Because I want to run it as common user I need to change the ports.
To do so I copy the imapserver-template.conf to imapserver.conf and put
a port higher than 1024.
The same I do with pop3server and smtpserver.

Everything starts up fine as long as I disable the pop3server and the
smptserver.

Enabling the smptserver I get Exception 1), enabling pop3server I get
Exception 2).

Should template be exactly for this? Copy the template, adapt to you
needs, keep all other entires in the template unchanged (these should be
the default ones) and the application works?

Regards
Felix

1)
jvm 1    | WrapperSimpleApp: Encountered an error running main:
bean with name 'smtpserver': Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Passed in key must
select exactly one node: handlerchain
jvm 1    | org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'smtpserver': Invocation of init method
failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Passed
in key must select exactly one node: handlerchain

2)
jvm 1    | WrapperSimpleApp: Encountered an error running main:
bean with name 'pop3server': Invocation of init method failed; nested
exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Passed in key must
select exactly one node: handlerchain
jvm 1    | org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'pop3server': Invocation of init method