Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Klaus SCHUSTER <sc...@racon-linz.at> on 2010/01/22 07:27:12 UTC

Customizing scroller by using t:dataTable with t:dataScroller

Hello,

I'm using a t:dataTable attached to a t:dataScroller. Currently, the
t:dataScroller shows the navigation buttons and a list of page numbers
(e.g.: first, previous 1 2 3 etc).
I am using a collection in my t:dataTable by the attribute value=...
The Scroller shows me only 10 items of the full Collection.
My question is: How can I have access to the 10 shown items ? I only have
my whole list in the backing bean.

The second question is, what happens if I sort the elements, can I get the
shown items also in a sorted way?
Thanks,

Klaus

Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit o.a. Absender via e-mail dient ausschließlich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschäftliche Erklärungen dürfen über dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden.

Correspondence with a.m. sender via e-mail is only for information purposes. This medium is not to be used for the exchange of legally-binding communications.

Antwort: Re: Re: Re: Customizing scroller by using t:dataTable with t:dataScroller

Posted by Klaus SCHUSTER <sc...@racon-linz.at>.
Hi,
Thanks, for the actionListener tip in the t:commandSortHeader.
The only question I have: where do you get the uidata in the
actionListener from?
Because the only uidata I have stored is from the HTMLDataTable, and this
index (by using getFirst()) is again, the index of the whole unsorted
collection.
Is there any other binding necessary, from where I get another uidata with
the info of the first sorted element of the collection?
thanks,
Klaus

Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>
Gesendet von: sethfromaustria@gmail.com
27.01.2010 11:17
Bitte antworten an
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

An
MyFaces Discussion <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
Re: Re: Re: Customizing scroller by using t:dataTable with t:dataScroller

Take a look at the tomahawk example
http://example.irian.at/example-simple-2010012702/pagedSortTable.jsf

you can use the binding attribute of the t:dataTable to get a reference to
the component in your managed bean like this: binding="#{myBean.uidata}".
Then you can use UIData.getFirst() to get the index of the first element
on
the page, but I guess you already know that.

Futhermore you can set an actionListener on the t:commandSortHeader:
actionListener="#{myBean.actionListener}" with the method in the managed
bean:

    public void actionListener(ActionEvent e)
    {
        int first = uidata.getFirst();
        List<SimpleCar> list = (List<SimpleCar>) uidata.getValue();
        SimpleCar firstItemOnPage = list.get(first);
    }

Now you have your first displayed item on the page.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Jakob

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.

Antwort: Re: Re: Customizing scroller by using t:dataTable with t:dataScroller

Posted by Klaus SCHUSTER <sc...@racon-linz.at>.

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.

Antwort: Re: Customizing scroller by using t:dataTable with t:dataScroller

Posted by Klaus SCHUSTER <sc...@racon-linz.at>.
Hi jakob,

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Klaus,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem. What index do you need? The index
of the first item, which is currently displayed?

Please provide a little bit more information about the problem, maybe also a

Antwort: Customizing scroller by using t:dataTable with t:dataScroller