Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Leo <vo...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/14 06:15:16 UTC

Questions about Cloud Stack scale

Hello Cloud Stack experts!

We are considering using Cloud Stack to setup a private cloud. I was
wondering if there are any scale and performance numbers that are
published. I would like to know the following:

- How large a single cloud stack cluster can be in terms of number of bare
metal machines? Anyone know of the largest installation?
- What is the VM placement rate? i.e. How many VMs create requests can be
submitted and how fast does the scheduler process these requests?
- Any pros or limitations compared to other cloud softwares like
OpenStack or Kubernetes others?

Thanks,
Leo

Re: Questions about Cloud Stack scale

Posted by Leo <vo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone for the inputs. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Leo

Posted by Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, China Mobile uses OpenStack, not CloudStack.

(Is this answer generated by ChatGPT ? :-D)

Posted by Jithin Raju <ji...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Leo,

Regarding the VM placement rate, if you are planning to run a lot of parallel jobs you could increase the number of management servers and even tune the settings to handle more jobs.

-Jithin

From: Hongtu Zang <za...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 14 April 2023 at 12:30 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>