Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org> on 2021/04/03 11:25:44 UTC

12.4 Schedule and Early Beta Available

Hi all,

Over on the dev mailing list, we've put together a schedule for 12.4:

April   2: 12.4 Beta
April 16: 12.4 Feature freeze
April 21: Weekly Release Candidate 1
April 28: Weekly Release Candidate 2 (if needed)
May   5: Weekly Release Candidate 3 (if needed)
May   7 - 14: Voting
May 15 - 30: Release

The 12.4 Beta, prior to the feature freeze, is in order to get early
feedback, and is available as described below:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r899bc729870651b46a7891003c46430fb40ad85c4dd06866aeb76660%40%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E

What will be in 12.4? We're aiming to support JDK 16, together with other
features that contributors are providing, such as support for Jakarta EE 9,
as well as templates for getting started with Micronaut. Here's what you'll
find is new in 12.4 Beta 1:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/milestone/12?closed=1

Note, again, feature freeze has not happened yet, though it would be good
if you'd try out the Beta and help kick the tires and provide early
feedback.

Thanks,

Gj