Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rich Baldwin <Ri...@noaa.gov> on 2004/02/12 13:45:10 UTC

Logging: Tomcat5, RH ES, Apache2

My deployment of tomcat5 and Apache2 on RedHat Enterprise Server is
working fine except for the logging within a context.  Logging w/in a
host works fine, setting up a value for access logs works, but I can't
get  logging w/in a context to work.  All output still goes to
catalina.out which is defined in the ~/bin/catalina.xml.  I have tried a
FileLogger, SystemErrLogger, and SystemOutLogger; Tomcat just ignores
the settings.  swallowOutput is set to false in the context so it
shouldn't be forwarding the output.   Setting  this  stuff up  w/ Tomcat
4 and 3 always worked fine.   Any ideas?

Thanks, Rich