Posted to user@struts.apache.org by malcolm davis <ma...@nuearth.com> on 2001/04/02 06:14:39 UTC

RE: Pooling with Oracle database

  > Personally, I have found the "thin" driver to be very functional on the
  > server side, and much more convenient to use because you don't have to
  > install the Oracle OCI drivers on your server.
  >

  > Craig

I have not done much admin work with Oracle OCI drivers.
I understand there is some work installing/configuring OCI.

On the other hand, if max performance is the issue,
Oracle recommends OCI.  Oracle has published studies showing
performance differences between 'thin' and 'oci8'.

I tend to like 'thin' because it's 100% java. :)
I can easly go between machines when developing & testing.

- malcolm