Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Craig Malton <cm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2003/04/02 18:15:35 UTC

[users@httpd] How do you rewrite the Domain: tag in a HTTP Cookie

Hello,
      I was wondering if it were possible to somehow change the Domain: tag
in a cookie on the fly?  For example if my application server sets a cookie
of domain: .abc.com but my actual server name is def.com then the browser
will not send the cookie back on subsequent requests.  Is it possible to
change abc.com to def.com on the fly using some kind of rewrite rule?  I'm
using IBM HTTP Server 1.3.19.3 which is based on Apache 1.3.19.  All the
base functionality is the same.

Thanks,

Craig Malton
Advisory I/T Architect
e-infrastructure Services WebSphere Team Leader
IBM Canada Ltd
email: cmalton@ca.ibm.com
phone: 416-410-5947
cell: 416-819-0791