Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by soelvar <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/15 02:59:07 UTC

redelivery Broker and ActiveMQConnectionFactory

Hi all,

This is probably a newbie question but I am looking through examples and
notice that it is possible to set RedeliveryPolicy on both Broker and
ActiveMQConnectionFactory. My guess is that when using a broker is should be
set on the broker and that when setting it on ActiveMQConnectionFactory,
then it is when you are running vm://localhost etc. and do not user a
broker?

Thanks for your help..

Cheers,
Jesper

Re: redelivery Broker and ActiveMQConnectionFactory

Posted by soelvar <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gtully,

Thanks for your reply - I think I would favor using the broker configuration
over factory. However it seems like the default factory configuration always
overrides the broker plugin in this case...I am actually using
ActiveMQXAConnectionFactory. Do you know if there are any issues in this
regard?

Cheers,
Soelvar

Re: redelivery Broker and ActiveMQConnectionFactory

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
the difference is where redelivery occurs. By default it occurs within
the consumer on the client. So messages pending delivery or redelivery
are not available to other consumers.
With the broker redelivery plugin, the consumer is not involved and
normal broker dispatch is  used for redelivery.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com