Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Jose Luis Alba <jo...@yahoo.es> on 2007/12/21 10:03:38 UTC

some enhancements

Hi all,

I'm using Synapse 1.1 and I need some features that I think there are generic enough so as to add them to the core. If some of them exists please tell me how to do.

1) Load local entries resources from classpath
When defining a localEntry the src attribute specifies a resource from a URL. It would be useful to load the resources from classpath using something like (spring) src="classpath:someFile.xml".

2) Possibility to load spring beans before Synapse mediation
At this moment SpringMediator creates the Spring application context at the first time it mediates a message. This can be expensive (is my case) due to resources creation (DB connections, etc.). For this I think it would be necessary to add the possibility to load the spring configuration at the SpringMediator creation.

    <spring:spring bean="exampleBean1" key="string" loadContextOnStartup="true"/>

3) Pass the SynapseException through the Synapse context
I've seen that SynapseMessageReciver captures SynapseException and handles it with a FaultHandler. FaultHandler takes the exception message and stacktrace and puts it into the synapse context. I think it would be useful to put the exception into the synapse context so as to retrieve it from a custom mediator in a fault sequence and do a better handling.

What do you think?

Jose

¿Chef por primera vez?
Sé un mejor Cocinillas.
http://es.answers.yahoo.com/info/welcome

Re: some enhancements

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!!!

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: some enhancements

Re: some enhancements

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Jose
> I'm using Synapse 1.1 and I need some features that I think there are generic enough so as to add them to the core. If some of them exists please tell me how to do.
>
> 1) Load local entries resources from classpath
> When defining a localEntry the src attribute specifies a resource from a URL. It would be useful to load the resources from classpath using something like (spring) src="classpath:someFile.xml".
>
> 2) Possibility to load spring beans before Synapse mediation
> At this moment SpringMediator creates the Spring application context at the first time it mediates a message. This can be expensive (is my case) due to resources creation (DB connections, etc.). For this I think it would be necessary to add the possibility to load the spring configuration at the SpringMediator creation.
>
>     <spring:spring bean="exampleBean1" key="string" loadContextOnStartup="true"/>
>
> 3) Pass the SynapseException through the Synapse context
> I've seen that SynapseMessageReciver captures SynapseException and handles it with a FaultHandler. FaultHandler takes the exception message and stacktrace and puts it into the synapse context. I think it would be useful to put the exception into the synapse context so as to retrieve it from a custom mediator in a fault sequence and do a better handling.
>
> What do you think?

I think all of your cases are valid and useful.. could you raise JIRA's
for the specific enhancements so that we could prioritize them for
implementation? for #2 about I think the ManagedLifecycle interface may
be useful.. As always.. If you would like to contribute any of these
enhancements you are most welcome!

asankha

Re: some enhancements

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Jose

Comments inline

> I'm using Synapse 1.1 and I need some features that I think there are generic enough so as to add them to the core. If some of them exists please tell me how to do.
>
> 1) Load local entries resources from classpath
> When defining a localEntry the src attribute specifies a resource from a URL. It would be useful to load the resources from classpath using something like (spring) src="classpath:someFile.xml".

+1 I like this syntax.

> 2) Possibility to load spring beans before Synapse mediation
> At this moment SpringMediator creates the Spring application context at the first time it mediates a message. This can be expensive (is my case) due to resources creation (DB connections, etc.). For this I think it would be necessary to add the possibility to load the spring configuration at the SpringMediator creation.
>
>     <spring:spring bean="exampleBean1" key="string" loadContextOnStartup="true"/>

Is there any reason to not do it always on startup? When we wrote the
Spring mediator we didn't have the managedLifeCycle model -- so we had
to do it on first invocation. However, I suggest we just change this
to ALWAYS load the context on startup.

> 3) Pass the SynapseException through the Synapse context
> I've seen that SynapseMessageReciver captures SynapseException and handles it with a FaultHandler. FaultHandler takes the exception message and stacktrace and puts it into the synapse context. I think it would be useful to put the exception into the synapse context so as to retrieve it from a custom mediator in a fault sequence and do a better handling.

+1

> What do you think?

Thanks for the feedback! Always appreciated.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair