Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/09 20:32:06 UTC

Performance Tuning Question For Tomcat 4.1.29 On Windows 2000

That nice performance tuning presentation by Glenn
Nielsen has some nice tips that I was unaware of, but
there's one that's confusing me.

In web.xml, he talks about the servlet <init-param>
fork.   This tells Tomcat to compile JSPs in a
separate process if set to true.  It prevents memory
leaks due to javac and reduces GC due to JSP compiles.

Then he explicitly says, "Do not set fork to true on
MS Windows".

This this correct for Tomcat 4.1.29 running on Windows
2000?

He also recommends setting the two servlet
<init-param> development and mappedfile to false.
I've never done that before.  (Good to know.)

How many other well-known settings am I missing?

Thanks - %