Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Asif Iqbal <iq...@qwestip.net> on 2003/10/29 22:30:42 UTC

[users@httpd] CGI file limit by Group

Hi All

I am running Apache 1.3.27 on my soalris 2.8 . I have few web pages (directory)
under same server that are limited by group using separate .htacess for each
dir. Now there are some cgi files under my cgi-bin dir and they are linked from
all these directories. That means anyone can run any cgi.

Is there anyway I can limit run of these cgi files by group ?

In other words say I have /cgi-bin/file1 and /cgi-bin/file2. I want group1 can
only run /cgi-bin/fil1 and group2 can only run /cgi-bin/file2

How would I do it with Apache ?

Thanks a lot for all the directions/suggestions

--
Asif Iqbal
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8B686E08

Re: [users@httpd] CGI file limit by Group

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Asif Iqbal wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am running Apache 1.3.27 on my soalris 2.8 . I have few web pages (directory)
> under same server that are limited by group using separate .htacess for each
> dir. Now there are some cgi files under my cgi-bin dir and they are linked from
> all these directories. That means anyone can run any cgi.
>
> Is there anyway I can limit run of these cgi files by group ?
>
> In other words say I have /cgi-bin/file1 and /cgi-bin/file2. I want group1 can
> only run /cgi-bin/fil1 and group2 can only run /cgi-bin/file2
>
> How would I do it with Apache ?
>
> Thanks a lot for all the directions/suggestions

<Directory /full/path/to/cgi-bin/>
<files file1>
require group group1
</files>
<files file2>
require group group2
</files>
</directory>

(The same thing could go inside an .htaccess in /full/path/to/cgi-bin/ if
you administrator permits it.)

Joshua.