Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com> on 2004/05/21 11:12:53 UTC

Velocity gump failure

We've seen the velocity failure for a bit now, so we assume that it's
not ephemeral :)

I believe it's due to log4j.  (The nag emails don't show the problem,
btw...)  Where can I get the log4j.jar that is causing the problem?
I've grubbed around a bit on the gump site on brutus, and it just isn't
obvious where to get it.

geir

geir@4quarters.com

Re: Velocity gump failure

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
thx.  done

geir@4quarters.com

Re: Velocity gump failure

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.

--
Ceki Gülcü

Re: Velocity gump failure

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.

--
Ceki Gülcü

Re: Failure to Communicate ( was Re: Velocity gump failure)

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
At 06:39 PM 5/21/2004, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
>Geir wrote:
>
> > We've seen the velocity failure for a bit now, so we assume that it's
> > not ephemeral :)
> >
> > I believe it's due to log4j.  (The nag emails don't show the problem,
> > btw...)  Where can I get the log4j.jar that is causing the problem?
> > I've grubbed around a bit on the gump site on brutus, and it just isn't
> > obvious where to get it.
>
>What we have here is a failure to communicate. ;-)
>
>What I mean is, we've been waiting for this to get fixed, but (clearly)
>we've not been facilitating that goal. We've not gotten the message across.
>This is the second time in a short while that users haven't seen the key
>information (the compile failure) and that includes users who've used Gump
>for a while. Something is not clear/crisp.
>
>Recent Observations:
>
>- "The nag mail doesn't contain the problem".
>- "I can't work out what it is complaining about. Where are the compile
>errors?"
>- We had mails on this list discussing fixes, but still questions (clearly
>not having seen previous).
>
>Thoughts:
>
>- The tail (in nag & page) is too short, maybe time to increase from 50 to
>100 or more.
>- The tail (on project page) might be hiding the link to the work/complete
>log.
>- Maybe we need to submit Gump failures as issues via JIRA/Bugzilla, to get
>into a matured workflow, that communities are accustomed to.
>- Maybe we need to use a subject prefix convention like jakarta-commons
>does, w/ module name of project, when discussing something on Gump list. (I
>guess we can cross post, but I'm shy of doing that, and not subscribed to
>all lists.)
>
>I think we need to consider the approach that Leo mentioned a while ago, we
>need to see this process through the eyes of users, and in this case I mean
>'Joe Public' not 'Gayle Gumpmistress'. Folks needs to be able to get a nag,
>and find the root cause almost immediately.
>
>Thoughts?

A link to the full output of the run might help. I think this link exists
already.
On certain occasions I can find it but often I can't.

--
Ceki Gülcü

Failure to Communicate ( was Re: Velocity gump failure)

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.