Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by oo4load <c....@gmail.com> on 2017/10/17 10:18:02 UTC

Zookeeper 3.5.3 reconfig blocked by ACL

I have a 3.5.3 cluster where I am trying out the reconfig command. I am
running with reconfigEnabled=true.
When I try reconfig I run into an issue with ACL.

[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 9] reconfig -remove 2
Authentication is not valid :

The config node is protected:
[zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 6] getAcl /zookeeper/config
'world,'anyone
: r

The way this is set up it seems only a superuser enabled cluster can use the
reconfig command. Is that true, or am I missing something ? The
documentation never mentioned it.

--
Sent from: http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Zookeeper 3.5.3 reconfig blocked by ACL

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
FWIW - I've had this PR out for a while that makes this situation a lot easier by adding an override. I'd love to see this merged:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ZOOKEEPER/issues/ZOOKEEPER-2779 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ZOOKEEPER/issues/ZOOKEEPER-2779>

-Jordan

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.