Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2014/06/24 03:20:07 UTC

Do we still sign releases?

Back in the 1.x days, we signed releases (the jars, zips, etc.). I don't
know if we always did, but I did when I was release manager. Is that
practice still in force? ... And do we do that for Struts 2 as well?

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Do we still sign releases?

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> On 25 Jun 2014, at 8:16, Paul Benedict wrote:
>
>> I am going to hit a speed bump here. I haven't signed anything in years
>> and
>> I don't have the time right now to re-learn what needs to be done. If I
>> stage the S1 artifacts, can another committer download them and sign them?
>> Then we can call a vote.
>

> The problem is that we cannot prove that whats being signed is whats being
> uploaded.
>
> Can you briefly tell how difficult it is to just stage S1? Maybe its
> possible
> to let another committer stage && sign the release, then you get it further
> from there

It's all supposed to be easy with Maven and struts-master parent pom.

https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/develop/pom.xml#L4

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Do we still sign releases?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 25 Jun 2014, at 8:16, Paul Benedict wrote:

> I am going to hit a speed bump here. I haven't signed anything in
> years and
> I don't have the time right now to re-learn what needs to be done. If
> stage the S1 artifacts, can another committer download them and sign
> them?
> Then we can call a vote.

The problem is that we cannot prove that whats being signed is whats
being uploaded.

Can you briefly tell how difficult it is to just stage S1? Maybe its
possible
to let another committer stage && sign the release, then you get it
further from there

Cheers

> Cheers,
> Paul
>

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks everyone. I am just breaking the rust off of my release
>> manager
>> skills. I'll see what I can do.
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Paul
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Christian Grobmeier
>> <gr...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Its actually even required by ASF policy to sign releases:
>>> http://apache.org/dev/release.html#what-must-every-release-contain
>>>

>>> On 24 Jun 2014, at 11:31, Rene Gielen wrote:
>>>
>>> Correct, unsigned releases won't make it to central.

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
The Zen Programmer: http://bit.ly/12lC6DL
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

Re: Do we still sign releases?

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Re: Do we still sign releases?

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Re: Do we still sign releases?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Do we still sign releases?

Posted by Rene Gielen <gi...@it-neering.net>.
Correct, unsigned releases won't make it to central.

On 24. Juni 2014 07:06:46 MESZ, Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> wrote:
>I think yes
>https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/struts/struts2-core/2.3.16/
>
>and this is verified by Nexus during Closing repository (I think)

>> Back in the 1.x days, we signed releases (the jars, zips, etc.). I
>don't
>> know if we always did, but I did when I was release manager. Is that
>> practice still in force? ... And do we do that for Struts 2 as well?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Paul

Sent from my mobile phone

Re: Do we still sign releases?