Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bp...@aep.com on 2002/10/10 15:40:44 UTC

Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

I have installed the struts example within WEBSPHERE 3.5 on OS/390 version
2.10.
I am receiving the following error:

          Error 500

          An error has occured while processing
request:http://cocb:8081/webapp/strut-ex/index.jsp

          Message: Server caught unhandled exception from servlet [jsp_1.1
_support_servlet]: Cannot find
          message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

          Target Servlet: jsp_1.1 _support_servlet

I have changed/added the following parms to fix the problem, but must still
be missing something:

In WAS.CONF because setting appserver.compliance.mode=true I changed

deployedwebapp.strut-ex.rooturi=/webapp/strut-ex/      to
deployedwebapp.strut-ex.rooturi=/webapp/strut-ex/*

In /web/web01d/spg/strut-ex/servlets/org/apache/struts/resources/  placed 3
DTD files

struts-config_1_0.dtd
web-app_2_2.dtd
web-app_2_3.dtd

In /web/web01d/spg/strut-ex/servlets/WEB-INF/ web.xml added init parameter
for application

<init-param>
  <param-name>application</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.struts.webapp.example.ApplicationResources</param-value>
</init-param>

What am I missing??  I would think that org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
should be in
struts.jar but it's not.   And does anybody have complete instructions for
installation on
WEBSPHERE 3.5 for OS/390.  I find WEBSPHERE 3.5  installation documentation
for other
platforms but not OS/390.  Thanks, Bill

Re: Message Resource file location in war file.

Posted by "V. Cekvenich" <vi...@users.sourceforge.net>.
All references at run time are to classes folder.
Put it in WEB-INF/classes.
There is a good book "Sun Java Certified Web Component Developer "
.V