Posted to repository@apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org> on 2007/05/01 14:20:10 UTC

Re: Anakia and texen in the repository

Carlos,

please stop this.

For maven-1, we either keep texen and anakia in the velocity group or
drop it completely from there. That is fine with me, no more groups,
yadda, yadda.

However, for maven-2 we will adhere to your 'standards'. This means, the
packages go into org.apache.texen and org.apache.anakia. That is the way
*you* as repo people recommended it.

If you have a problem with the jar being twice in your repo, well, maybe
it is time that you get your act together and have an uniform policy for
maven-1 and maven-2.

If you do not agree here, then we will go to org.apache.texen and
org.apache.anakia and drop the jars in the velocity group. I am not
really interested in second guessing what you want to have and how you
intend to organize it. The maven repos are a distribution mechanism, not
a policy tool.

Please rename the .bak directories. Feel free to drop the jars from the
velocity group at your discretion, I do not really care.

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Yes, sure.

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Henning,

www.forio.com

Re: Anakia and texen in the repository

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Hi Carlos,

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Hi Carlos,

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Re: Anakia and texen in the repository

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Hi,

no, the policy set with maven-2 and also by the repo people is to use
the package name of the application as it builds nicely into a tree and
avoids having thousands of one-level subdirectories. This has been set
in http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html (FAQ #1, they seek to
phase out m1 repos).

So for anakia this is org.apache.anakia, for texen it is
org.apache.texen. The repo is not really about project relations and
"this is part of velocity, let's have velocity somewhere". It is a
machine readable tree for downloading dependencies.

	Best regards
		Henning

Will Glass-Husain schrieb:
> [...]
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/anakia/anakia/maven-metadata.xml
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/anakia/anakia/maven-metadata.xml.md5
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/anakia/anakia/maven-metadata.xml.sha1
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/texen
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/texen/texen
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/texen/texen/1.0
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/texen/texen/1.0/texen-1.0.jar
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/texen/texen/1.0/texen- 1.0.jar.md5
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/texen/texen/1.0/texen-1.0.jar.sha1
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/texen/texen/1.0/texen-1.0.pom
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/texen/texen/1.0/texen-1.0.pom.md5
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/texen/texen/1.0/texen-1.0.pom.sha1
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/texen/texen/maven-metadata.xml
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/texen/texen/maven-metadata.xml.md5
>     > >> [henning] org/apache/texen/texen/maven- metadata.xml.sha1

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine

	  "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

Re: Anakia and texen in the repository

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Henning,