Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/13 14:01:53 UTC

Jewel TextInput issue on Safari

Hello Guys,

We have got report from one of our client about really noizy issue. It
occurs only in release build of our application. I'm able to reproduce it
in TourDeJewel.
Issue is being reported on Safari 13.1.2 (15609.3.5.1.3).

Basically when I'm trying to type some text in TextInput in the middle of
already placed text courser is jumping at the end. Note that only some of
the TextInput are affected - you can see that in my gif. [1]

Anyone have some thoughts on this ?

[1] https://ibb.co/rk5DyJS

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Jewel TextInput issue on Safari

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

So that was the fix for UpperCase bead. Check the code:

protected function changeToUpperCase(event:Event):void
{
COMPILE::JS
{
var input:HTMLInputElement = event.target.input as HTMLInputElement;
var start:Number = input.selectionStart;
var end:Number = input.selectionEnd;
input.value = input.value.toUpperCase();
input.setSelectionRange(start, end);
}
}

you need to get selection start and end positions and then after change
value set the selection again.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.