Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/04/28 20:05:00 UTC

Apache on CD

Something a luser just wrote to the bugs mail reminded me of
what I was thinking about earlier in the week..

It'd be worthwhile putting Apache onto a CD complete with a
pile of binaries.

Paul, from your FreeBSD experience do you think this is a good
idea and can we get Walnut Creek to do it for us in exchange for
somehting (what do we want?)

A CD could contain all the docs in HTML/ps/pdf, maybe an SSL version.
Other useful freebies could be bundled (if we're allowed) e.g.
Berkeley DB. Archives from comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix etc.

Mmm, maybe WC could archive that for us in return for the business.

thoughts?

--
Rob Hartill (robh@imdb.com)

Re: Apache on CD

Posted by Cliff Skolnick <cl...@organic.com>.
We have a burner here at Organic and can make a master...let's get the
ball rolling on this.  I think it is an excellent idea.  Anyone have any
contacts at Walnut Creek?

--
Cliff Skolnick                                      cliff@organic.com

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Re: Apache on CD

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Sun, 28 Apr 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
> Paul, from your FreeBSD experience do you think this is a good
> idea and can we get Walnut Creek to do it for us in exchange for
> somehting (what do we want?)

200 hours from a consultant to do a product-quality release build, including
web-based installation and configuration and management tools, with a
run through all the commercial-grade code debugging tools, and with the
end result being contributed back to the public.

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/