Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Gayani Kanchana <ga...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/02 20:44:06 UTC

GSoC Project Roller-shindig

I like to implement the Roller-shindig project listed in your idea
list. I am currently studying at a university and has played with the
stuff like Java, Jsp, Web Bloging, Social Networking, CMS, MySql,
Derby, RSS etc. and I hope to implement this project. I am have a
little knowledge of shindig but now I am learning about it. I am new
to Open Source developments. will it cause a problem to enroll with
the project?

regards,
Kanchana

Re: GSoC Project Roller-shindig

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Gayani Kanchana
<ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I like to implement the Roller-shindig project listed in your idea
>  list. I am currently studying at a university and has played with the
>  stuff like Java, Jsp, Web Bloging, Social Networking, CMS, MySql,
>  Derby, RSS etc. and I hope to implement this project. I am have a
>  little knowledge of shindig but now I am learning about it. I am new
>  to Open Source developments. will it cause a problem to enroll with
>  the project?

I don't see any problem. If you have good Java web development
experience, knowledge of JavaScript and RSS/Atom feeds then you've got
most of the prerequisites.

- Dave