Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/29 19:49:03 UTC

Loop's value parameter is now of Type T, instead of Object

I checked in code last weekend to get more complete generics support into
components (generic services are coming when I get a chance to do another
code review). Part of this change I made the Loop component generic and the
value property is now public.

In the parameters section of the component reference the Type of value has
changed from Object to T, but the source parameter still shows up as
Iterable, not Iterable<T>.

What is the right way to document this? T is out of context, and only true
for 5.3

Also, should I add a simple example of the 5.3 syntax, or change one of the
others? I assume we want to mark this as @since 5.3.

@Property
@Component
private Loop<Person> personLoop;

@Property
private List<Person> people;

<t:loop t:id="personLoop" source="people">
  ${personLoop.value.firstName} ${personLoop.value.lastName}<br/>
</t:loop>

Josh

Re: Loop's value parameter is now of Type T, instead of Object

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Last time i checked there wasnt any... Let me know if you
find something

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry PMC / Tacos developer

Re: Loop's value parameter is now of Type T, instead of Object

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Looks very nice!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn