Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by lutan <ws...@live.cn> on 2008/07/09 10:17:48 UTC

how to get IndexReader Remote?

I have a MultiSearcher from remote using by
Naming.bind("rmi://"+IP+":"+PORT+"/"+NAME, RemoteSearchable)
,but MultiSearcher  doesn't has getIndexReader() .
How to get IndexReader?
MSN 中文网,最新时尚生活资讯,白领聚集门户。
http://cn.msn.com

Re: how to get IndexReader Remote?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I have a MultiSearcher from remote using by
: Naming.bind("rmi://"+IP+":"+PORT+"/"+NAME, RemoteSearchable)
: ,but MultiSearcher  doesn't has getIndexReader() .
: How to get IndexReader?

It's not possible to get a remote IndexReader ... that's the main
distinction between the Searchable interface and the Searcher class -- the
methods availabel in Searchable can be (decently) streamed across the wire
-- but returning a whole IndexReader remotely would be ... insane ... in
most cases.

-Hoss