Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Saptarshi Guha <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/06 01:24:29 UTC

Throw an exception if the configure method fails

hello,
I'm not that comfortable with java, so here is my question. In the
MapReduceBase class, i have implemented the configure method, which
does not throw an exception. Suppose I detect an error in some
options, i wish to raise an exception(in the configure method) - is
there a way to do that? Is there a way to stop the job in case the
configure method fails?,
Saptarshi Guha

[1] My map extends MapReduceBase and my reduce extends MapReduceBase -
two separate classes.

Thank you

Re: Throw an exception if the configure method fails

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.
Try throwing RuntimeException, or any other unchecked exception (e.g., any
descendant classes of RuntimeException)
- Aaron