Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "NG-Marketing, M.Schneider" <sc...@ng-marketing.com> on 2006/07/26 16:09:25 UTC

Howto deploy a ROOT.war (if needed)

Hello List,

after moving the ROOT.war file in the Tomcat5 webapps directory and
restarting Tomcat, the ROOT.war will be extracted into the ROOT directory
automatically.

Then, after changing as example my search.jsp and restarting the service
again, it works all fine with my new search.jsp. But, do I have to redeploy
the war-file to speed up the search-performance, and if so, how to do that?

Yours

Matthias

Re: Howto deploy a ROOT.war (if needed)

Posted by Timo Scheuer <ti...@dfki.de>.
Am Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2006 16:09 schrieb NG-Marketing, M.Schneider:
> after moving the ROOT.war file in the Tomcat5 webapps directory and
> restarting Tomcat, the ROOT.war will be extracted into the ROOT directory
> automatically.
>

> Then, after changing as example my search.jsp and restarting the service
> again, it works all fine with my new search.jsp. But, do I have to redeploy
> the war-file to speed up the search-performance, and if so, how to do that?

The war file is only a web archive file used for packaging. It contains the
complete web application in one file (handy for installation and exchanging
with other users). After the war file has been unpacked you do not need it
any more and can even safely delete it.

Cheers,
Timo.