Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by paptimusx scirocco <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/18 05:29:57 UTC

via proxy

Hi there.

I am in the proxy environment.  because apache+mod_svn is http
protocol, If I can connect the external with http protocol, can
the svn command be connected with the server outside proxy?
Itis seen to be irrelevant though environment variable http_proxy
was tested.

thanx.

Re: via proxy

Posted by paptimusx scirocco <pa...@gmail.com>.
Is uselessness in the svn command only in it though it passes if the
proxy server and the port are specified in a usual browser (like
Firefox)?

A detailed setting is not understood though the version of Squid seems
to be 2.5.
Is it is not a meaning "prepare new reverse proxy" ?

Next.
I set proxy by way of experiment in the [global] group.

Hmm... I do not understand be effective.

% svn ls http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/svn/trunk'
svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/svn/trunk': could not connect to server
(http://svn.collab.net)

% lynx  http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk
=> OK.

thaks.

Re: via proxy

Posted by Matthew Slowe <m....@kent.ac.uk>.
On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 02:29:57PM +0900, paptimusx scirocco wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I am in the proxy environment.  because apache+mod_svn is http
> protocol, If I can connect the external with http protocol, can
> the svn command be connected with the server outside proxy?
> Itis seen to be irrelevant though environment variable http_proxy
> was tested.

SVN uses some new HTTP commands (ie. more than just HEAD & GET) and some
proxies (squid, for example) don't allow these by default. Check your
proxy allows other HTTP commands.

See http://www.mikepot.com/1544.html or
http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy for more info.

--
Matthew Slowe <m....@kent.ac.uk>     | Tel: +44 (0)1227 824265
Development Team, Information Services | Fax: +44 (0)1227 824078