Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul <pa...@metrak.com> on 2000/07/02 14:02:04 UTC

tomcat-apache.conf template

tomcat-apache.conf is written each time I run startup.sh (linux, tomcat,
apache) which is presumably the desired behaviour.  Unfortunately, the file
that is written each time has the path to mod_jserv.so wrong, causing some
inconvenience.

Is this file derived from tomcat.conf?

My tomcat.conf contains (among other things):

# @LOAD_OR_NOT@LoadModule jserv_module @LIBEXECDIR@/mod_jserv.so
#LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so
LoadModule jserv_module /etc/httpd/modules/mod_jserv.so

I changed the path to mod_jserv.so to suit the apache install that I have.
However tomcat-apache.conf does not seem be influenced by my edits to
tomcat.conf...

LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so

Also, where do the @VARIABLES@ get their values from?

Regards

RE: tomcat-apache.conf template

Posted by Dave Masino <dm...@alkitech.com>.
>Is this file derived from tomcat.conf?
I think it's derived from server.xml.

>I changed the path to mod_jserv.so to suit the apache install that I have.
I did that too. But, in order to avoid changing my custom tomcat-apache.conf
every time I modified the configuration, I created a symbolic link on my
system so the path to mod_jserv.so in tomcat-apache.conf jived with the one
on my system.

HTH
Dave