Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vadim Keylis <vk...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/23 23:37:50 UTC

Does old consumer api supports 0.10 message format after jar update ?

Hello Everyone. We are in the process of upgrading our brokers and
consumers from 0.8.1.1 to 0.10. Our consumer use 0.8 high level or simple
consumer api.  Will old consumer api support new message format introduced
in 0.10 after we upgrade consumer jars to 0.10?

Thanks so much in advance

Re: Does old consumer api supports 0.10 message format after jar update ?

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
See the following for upgrade instructions:

http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#upgrade

Ismael

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.