Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/25 08:21:42 UTC

Re: Reg Openmeetings

If I'm not mistaken, Sebastian told it is impossible to reconnect user to
the same scope ...

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks
I'm going to test screen sharing/recordings and fix
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-823
And try to pack RC

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de>.
Hi Maxime,

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
No re-connection to the same scope for now :(
This definitely will be implemented in future versions (hopefully) :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Utkarsh Khokhar <ut...@gmail.com>.

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Utkarsh Khokhar <ut...@gmail.com>.

Re: Reg Openmeetings

#22)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de>.
Dear Maxime,

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de>.
Dear Maxim,

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de>.
Hi all,

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Utkarsh Khokhar <ut...@gmail.com>.

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
One note on that topic:
The problem is not the reconnect, you can easily establish the rtmp
connection again.
The problem is to resync all event that happened since the user lost the
connection. For example some users might have left the room, start broad
casting video, started screen sharing, deleted the whiteboard, switched
slide forward in the presentation etc cetera.
So the only way to solve that is basically to reload everything from
scratch as if an user newly enters the room.
That is basically possible but for example if you have 150 users in a room
there are always 3 that just constantly have some reconnection issues. The
reconnect has happen in a way so that the other 147 are not affected. And I
think at the moment there might be a couple of syncing events that are
blocking the screen for everybody.

So basically its all possible its just a lot more complex then simply
re-establishing the broken rtmp-connection.

Sebastian

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by Utkarsh Khokhar <ut...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sanjeev,

Please share your patch which you've used to hack around this problem.
I believe that you're making all the changes in hibRTMP... Laszlo file
only, which is ok.
I don't think you would need to change anything at server level for the
same (highly discouraged).

Re: Reg Openmeetings

Posted by sanjeev kumar <sa...@gmail.com>.
Sir