Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by sinonim <si...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/04 11:25:00 UTC

2.0.10 upgrade to 2.1.2 gives "Unable to gossip with any seeds"

Hi all,

We have the case of a cassandra cluster with nodes version 2.0.10, all in a
single EC2 region. We want to perform a rolling upgrade to version 2.1.2
but the new node has the following exceptions:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to gossip with any seeds
at org.apache.cassandra.gms.Gossiper.doShadowRound(Gossiper.java:1222)
~[apache-cassandra-2.1.2.jar:2.1.2]

Any ideas? The listen, rpc and seed addresses are the right ones.

Thank you.

Re: 2.0.10 upgrade to 2.1.2 gives "Unable to gossip with any seeds"