Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Madan Narra <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/02 13:44:27 UTC

[Tobago] Use static Variables in Tobago Pages

Hi All,

I have a class which has some static variables .

I tried to use these variables in Tobago pages for some validation.

This is the class i used to hold the static varibales --> ErrorMessages.java

Static variable is defined as follows --> *public* *static* String *required
* = "0002";

<tc:out rendered="#{login.errorValidatingLogin == errorMessages.required}"
value="#{bundle.requiredFieldsErrorMessage}" />

But was getting this error as follows:
Caused by: javax.servlet.jsp.el.ELException: Unable to find a value for
"loginError" in object of class 'com.mycompany.ErrorMessages" using operator
"."

Is there any possibility of using Static Variables in JSF/JSP using EL ?

Madan N

Re: [Tobago] Use static Variables in Tobago Pages

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi Madan,

in el you can't access properties, you need to setup getters for the
static Varibles.

Regards,
    Volker

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hello Madan,

you can use a ManagedBean with application scope.

Regards

Bernd