Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by DICK HOFFMAN <ol...@hotmail.com> on 2023/06/22 15:25:38 UTC

Adding data to Base tables

Some time ago I built a Base database that uses two tables. It has
worked very well all these years. Now I want to build another database
in an entirely different project using three spreadsheets that I want to
incorporate in the db. I can't figure out how to transfer data from the
spreadsheets to the tables. Copy and paste doesn't work. I'm sure I
somehow was able to move data from a spreadsheet to a table in the old
db but have forgotten how I did it. I really don't want to have to
retype all the data if possible. Any help will be appreciated.
Dick Hoffman

Re: Adding data to Base tables

Posted by Dick Groskamp <di...@apache.org>.
This:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Databases/How_can_I_import_a_spreadsheet_table_to_a_database%3F
should help you.

In the Copy Table dialog you can choose to import the definition and/or the data