Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dror Braznitzki <Dr...@yellowpages.co.il> on 2002/02/25 17:58:59 UTC

Logging "original IP" with mod_proxy

Hi all,

I'm using server A as a proxy server, with mod_proxy, and other servers B,C
and D to receive requests from server A.
Currently I get the IP of server A inside the logs of servers B,C and D,
while I need the original one for
statistical reasons. How can I do it ?
I tried finding something inside the mod_proxy documentation, but could not
find anything useful.

Thanx,
Dror B

the system manager.

www.yellowpages.co.il

Re: Logging "original IP" with mod_proxy

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
Latest versions of mod_proxy for 2.0 add by default X-Forwarded-For:
header with the IP address.
I am not sure if tha was backported to 1.3 Otherwise you can use

http://develooper.com/code/mpaf/
http://web.systhug.com/mod_extract_forwarded/mod_extract_forwarded.html