Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2004/04/01 21:16:40 UTC

Block Samples, Re: excluding unstable blocks by default

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 01.04.2004 15:00, stevenn@outerthought.org wrote:
>
>> + ! Exclude unstable blocks from the default build
>> + + Edit the blocks.properties file and exclude all unstable blocks.
>> + Since it's a release they should not get compiled by default.
>

> What about a vote on this? I'm -0.1 on excluding unstable blocks by
> default. And Vadim is working on th refactoring of the blocks samples
> page in dependency on the stable/unstable status. This should give the
> most prominent hint to users about block's status.

Refactoring is done, please check how it worked out. Now page is
constructed from gump.xml and *.xsamples files, taking
/xsamples/group/sample tags from those. Content of the /xsamples/group
tags is ignored, patching is not done anymore, and blocks samples moved
into /samples/blocks/ directory, so they are now not mixed together with
core samples.

PS I'm -0.95 on excluding unstable blocks, and +0.74 for excluding
deprecated blocks.

Vadim

Re: Block Samples, Re: excluding unstable blocks by default

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Ugo Cei wrote:

> Il giorno 01/apr/04, alle 21:16, Vadim Gritsenko ha scritto:
>
>> PS I'm -0.95 on excluding unstable blocks, and +0.74 for excluding
>> deprecated blocks.
>>
> I'm exactly -1/sqrt(2) on excluding unstable blocks and +1/e for
> excluding deprecated blocks.
>
> Now don't tell me I'm being irrational! ;-)))

LOL

-marc=

Re: Block Samples, Re: excluding unstable blocks by default

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Ugo Cei dijo:
> Il giorno 01/apr/04, alle 21:16, Vadim Gritsenko ha scritto:
>
>> PS I'm -0.95 on excluding unstable blocks, and +0.74 for excluding
>> deprecated blocks.
>>
> I'm exactly -1/sqrt(2) on excluding unstable blocks and +1/e for
> excluding deprecated blocks.
>
> Now don't tell me I'm being irrational! ;-)))

ROTFL!

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Block Samples, Re: excluding unstable blocks by default

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Il giorno 01/apr/04, alle 21:16, Vadim Gritsenko ha scritto:

> PS I'm -0.95 on excluding unstable blocks, and +0.74 for excluding
> deprecated blocks.

I'm exactly -1/sqrt(2) on excluding unstable blocks and +1/e for
excluding deprecated blocks.

Now don't tell me I'm being irrational! ;-)))

	Ugo

Re: Block Samples, Re: excluding unstable blocks by default

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.
On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 02:16:40PM -0500, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> PS I'm -0.95 on excluding unstable blocks, and +0.74 for excluding
> deprecated blocks.
>
> Vadim

Same vote from me, plus I would rather not have javaflow excluded,
but will not make a big deal about it.

--Tim Larson