Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Prasanth S <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/09 18:47:33 UTC

mod_jk-2.0.43.so binary!

Hi all,
    I have a redhat 8.0 machine, with httpd-2.0.41
(installed during default installation). I can upgrade
it to httpd-2.0.43 using the rpm. I have tomcat 4.06
(got from the jakartha website)
    After i do the upgrade, can i use the
mod_jk-2.0.43.so binary found from the jakarta
website. its in the bin directory
(http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.2/bin/linux/i386/)
for connecting tomcat with httpd (apache web server)
by putting it in the modules directory of httpd. the
website says, its compiled on a redhat 7.2 machine.
Will that give me some version incompatibility
problems?? Please mail ur advices.
Thanks in advance,

Prasanth S

Re: mod_jk-2.0.43.so binary!

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
You should be OK, but are you sure you have .41 installed?  RH 8 installs
(RH) v .40...that is, Red Hat's v 2.0.40 is 2.0.40 but with all of the
changes up through .43 backported to .40.  Folks on this list have had
problems in the past with Red Hat's default version of Apache and JK.  You
might want to consider building Apache .45 from source.

John

RE: mod_jk-2.0.43.so binary!

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
I have had no problem with the binary on redhat 8 and tomcat 2.0.45

Filip