Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rick LeMarr <Op...@ricklemarr.com> on 2013/05/04 13:13:19 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Impress Notes Linked to Slide Text

Does anyone find the notes page laborious when there are more notes than
you can fit on a notes page?

I suggest multiple notes pages linked to specific text on the slide.  I
print out the notes page for my presentations and show just the slides
to an audience.  This allows for multiple presenters to give the
presentation consistently according to the talking points in the notes.

I imagine the UI working like the following:
Slide will show notes markers (toggle on/off).
Add a note - position cursor or highlight some text on the slide, right
click and select "notes page".  The notes page for the position or
highlighted text is displayed in a new window.
Edit or delete notes - Right click on slide and toggle notes indicators
on.  Click on an indicator to open new window for notes page.
Print notes - For each slide all notes are printed on consecutive pages.

Assuming rough consensus can we get this on the developers agenda?