Posted to dev@drat.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/11/16 23:30:57 UTC

SIGSEV from Lucene upgrades in OODT....

Hey Tom,

I’ve noticed while testing in Apache DRAT that the Lucene upgrades you did
for the file manager regularly on the drat-vm Ubuntu box cause SIGSEV failures
like the following:

WARNING: No Metadata specified for product [TestMetReader.java] for required field [DataVersion]: Attempting to continue processing metadata

#

#

#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f5afcc030f7, pid=30823, tid=0x00007f5ab9d4f700

#

# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_151-b12) (build 1.8.0_151-b12)

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.151-b12 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)

# Problematic frame:

# J 1360 C2 org.apache.lucene.store.ByteBufferIndexInput.readByte()B (126 bytes) @ 0x00007f5afcc030f7 [0x00007f5afcc030a0+0x57]

#

# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again

#

# An error report file with more information is saved as:

# /home/mattmann/drat/deploy/filemgr/bin/hs_err_pid30823.log

Nov 16, 2017 11:25:40 PM org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.catalog.LuceneCatalog toDoc

WARNING: No Metadata specified for product [TestMetReader.java] for required field [DataVersion]: Attempting to continue processing metadata

Nov 16, 2017 11:25:40 PM org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManager runExtractors

INFO: Running Met Extractor: [org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.metadata.extractors.CoreMetExtractor] for product type: [GenericFile]

Nov 16, 2017 11:25:40 PM org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManager runExtractors

INFO: Running Met Extractor: [org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.metadata.extractors.examples.MimeTypeExtractor] for product type: [GenericFile]

Nov 16, 2017 11:25:40 PM org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManager runExtractors

INFO: Runn

Steps to reproduce:

1.       Clone and install Apache DRAT 1.0-SNAPSHOT from apache/drat:

2.       Run DRAT on Apache OODT github https://github.com/apache/oodt.git or any repo with thousands of files using Proteus

3.       Watch an error like the above appear consistently about half-way through crawling…

There are some links online and this open LUCENE issue:

Tom can you help investigate?

Cheers,

Chris

Re: SIGSEV from Lucene upgrades in OODT....

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Hey Lewis,

Agreed here is the info (BTW I believe you should be able to access drat-vm.a.o):

javmattmann@drat-vm:~$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_151"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)
mattmann@drat-vm:~$

Let me know what you find Lewis….check the steps below.

Cheers,
Chris

On 11/16/17, 6:01 PM, "lewis john mcgibbney" <le...@apache.org> wrote:

    Which version of Java is running on drat-vm Chris?
    Can you post a link to the DRAT Solr schema being used?
    It would be nice to address this before releasing current OODT RC. Not a
    total requirement but would be good to get to the bottom of.
    Lewis

    http://home.apache.org/~lewismc/
    @hectorMcSpector
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/lmcgibbney

Re: SIGSEV from Lucene upgrades in OODT....

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
Hrmmmm, I shall take a look!