Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Christian Galbavy <sl...@gmx.at> on 2006/07/23 12:23:38 UTC

[AXIS2] catch all SOAP requests

Hy,

I want to write a JAVA program which does the following:
I want catch all SOAP requests to my server instead to invoke methods of services. So I want to take each message, parse the service name, the method name and get all params and there types.
I was thinking to do this with a servlet. So all SOAP requests are send to this servlet. I tried to take the HttpServletRequest and parse the XML document manually. Then I get the service name, the method name and all the params and invoke a Corba call, the service name maps to a Corba Object, the method name maps to the Corba method and the same for the params.

The problem is, that I cant use AXIS, because every SOAP call has to come to one program. So perhaps it is possible to use AXIS to parse the SOAP call and get all params and put my code before the method of a service is looked for and invoked.

Do you have a tip for me how to start with this task?
Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards
Christian

Re: [AXIS2] catch all SOAP requests for SOAP-CORBA-bridge

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Cool - yeah that would be a great starting point.

Paul

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
So AFAIK there was no proper dynamic CORBA invoker written for WSIF.

IBM wrote an dynamic EJB client that worked over RMI-IIOP, but that
was specific to IBM's ORB. So a dynamic invoker for CORBA would be
very useful addition to Synapse and/or Axis2.

If we write it in the right way we can make it work in both Axis2 and Synapse.

Paul

On 7/24/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 14:33 +0100, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > Christian
> >
> > The mediator gets the MessageContext object. In that object you have
> > access to the raw message, and any context (such as the To: address,
> > Action, etc).
> >
> > Basically if you can convert from the XML to the CORBA call then you
> > can write a mediator in Synapse. The easiest thing to start with would
> > be to define a standard XML syntax that represents the CORBA call, and
> > then use the Axis tool XSD2Java to map into Java objects, and then
> > call the CORBA service. Once you have that its very easy to integrate
> > into Synapse.
>
> Hasalaka (a grad student at univ of moratuwa) is working with me to fold
> in WSIF functionality into Axis2 .. he posted a note about it some days
> ago. Once we get that to work, the CORBA stuff will be a snap; IIRC
> there was a dynamic invoker for IIOP in WSIF: if so we'll be able to
> invoke any CORBA object directly from Axis2.
>
> Wishful think? I hope not .. at least not if Hasalaka wants to
> graduate ;-).
>
> Sanjiva.

Paul Fremantle

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
So AFAIK there was no proper dynamic CORBA invoker written for WSIF.

IBM wrote an dynamic EJB client that worked over RMI-IIOP, but that
was specific to IBM's ORB. So a dynamic invoker for CORBA would be
very useful addition to Synapse and/or Axis2.

If we write it in the right way we can make it work in both Axis2 and Synapse.

Paul

On 7/24/06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 14:33 +0100, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > Christian
> >
> > The mediator gets the MessageContext object. In that object you have
> > access to the raw message, and any context (such as the To: address,
> > Action, etc).
> >
> > Basically if you can convert from the XML to the CORBA call then you
> > can write a mediator in Synapse. The easiest thing to start with would
> > be to define a standard XML syntax that represents the CORBA call, and
> > then use the Axis tool XSD2Java to map into Java objects, and then
> > call the CORBA service. Once you have that its very easy to integrate
> > into Synapse.
>
> Hasalaka (a grad student at univ of moratuwa) is working with me to fold
> in WSIF functionality into Axis2 .. he posted a note about it some days
> ago. Once we get that to work, the CORBA stuff will be a snap; IIRC
> there was a dynamic invoker for IIOP in WSIF: if so we'll be able to
> invoke any CORBA object directly from Axis2.
>
> Wishful think? I hope not .. at least not if Hasalaka wants to
> graduate ;-).
>
> Sanjiva.

Paul Fremantle

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

While I prefer the synapse approach, you could also write a message receiver
in Axis2 that acts as a SOAP-to-CORBA bridge.

But I think the Synapse approach is more elegant :-)

Regards,

Rajith

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Christian

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Christian

Datum: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 16:22:09 +0530
Von: "Ajith Ranabahu" <aj...@gmail.com>
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [AXIS2] catch all SOAP requests

Datum: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 16:22:09 +0530
Von: "Ajith Ranabahu" <aj...@gmail.com>
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Christian

You could implement a CORBA sender for Synapse and have it handle the
requests. That would be really cool. One of the aims we have for
Synapse is to be a bridge between different protocols. Having CORBA in
the list would be fantastic.

So we would be *really* happy if you joined us and helped implement
that. We would be happy to help you with the SOAPy bits if you know
the CORBA part well.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Christian

Datum: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 16:22:09 +0530
Von: "Ajith Ranabahu" <aj...@gmail.com>
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I can suggest something like this using Axis2

1. Override the dispatchers to dispatch all service calls to a 'Corba
message receiver' - in effect an Axis2 server that has a single real
service
2. Write the 'Corba message receiver' in such a way that it takes the
request (which is a message context by now) and calls the corba thing
in the relevant way

You would need to checkout the Apache Synapse project, they do a
similar thing with Axis2

Ajith

On 7/23/06, Christian Galbavy <sl...@gmx.at> wrote:
> Hy,
>
> I want to write a JAVA program which does the following:
> I want catch all SOAP requests to my server instead to invoke methods of services. So I want to take each message, parse the service name, the method name and get all params and there types.
> I was thinking to do this with a servlet. So all SOAP requests are send to this servlet. I tried to take the HttpServletRequest and parse the XML document manually. Then I get the service name, the method name and all the params and invoke a Corba call, the service name maps to a Corba Object, the method name maps to the Corba method and the same for the params.
>
> The problem is, that I cant use AXIS, because every SOAP call has to come to one program. So perhaps it is possible to use AXIS to parse the SOAP call and get all params and put my code before the method of a service is looked for and invoked.
>
> Do you have a tip for me how to start with this task?
> Thanks a lot for your help!
>
> Regards
> Christian
> --
>

> Echte DSL-Flatrate dauerhaft für 0,- Euro*. Nur noch kurze Zeit!
> "Feel free" mit GMX DSL: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [AXIS2] catch all SOAP requests

Posted by Christopher Sahnwaldt <ch...@gmx.net>.