Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Tomasz Dziurko <td...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/29 09:52:04 UTC

Disabling 'back'/'next' web browser button usage in application

Hi.

I have application which consists of questions to user provided in
some order. Each question is reachable on the same address, let's say
http://myApp/Question. Application engine knows which question to show
from database record. Each question page has 'Previous Question' and
'Next Question' buttons which increase/decrease questionNumber in
database and redirects to http://myApp/Question (which loads question
looking for its number in database).

My problem is:
How "disable" 'back' and 'next' button in web browser so user can go
to previous/next question only by using 'Previous Question' / 'Next
Question' button? Is there a way to remove whole page from session? So
user when clicks "back"/"next" will see custom communicate "your
session expired or you clicked 'back' or 'next' button on your web
browser while doing a test'. Or maybe I could achieve such
functionality in other way?

Thank you in advance for help

Regards
--
Tomasz Dziurko

Re: Disabling 'back'/'next' web browser button usage in application

Posted by Tomasz Dziurko <td...@gmail.com>.
And any hint how to do this? :)

I thought about two possible ways to solve my problem:
1. on clicking Next/Prev Question button remove current page from
PageMap (although no idea how to do this yet ;) ) and then redirect
further, so when user use back button he will see session-expired-like
page
2. on clicking Next/Prev Question button invalidate Question and
answers model so (not sure, but think it works this way) when user
backs models will be loaded again.
What do you think?

Regards

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mc...@e-card.bg>.
it is too bad that there are no deployed examples of wicketstuff-jquery
project to see it in action.

What I've done is exactly this.
With HistoryAjaxBehavior you could listen for clicks on back/forward
button.

Posted by Richard Allen <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mc...@e-card.bg>.
Hi Tomasz,