Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Venugopal.V.V" <ve...@symphony.cc> on 2002/11/20 06:56:03 UTC

Re: finding the version used ... new bie

Hi..

I'm new to XML... I downloaded xerces2 from apache.org and worked on parsing
using SAX. But related to this version.. I tried executing the command

java org.apache.xerces.framework.Version,

but that gives me the following error..

org/apache/xerces/frameWork/Version
(and actually when i checked the jar files i could not find this class at
all).

Please let me know where i'm doing it wrong? My classpath contains both
xercesImpl.jar & xmlParserAPIs.jar. The difference in behaviour is because
it is Xerces2? What is the difference between Xerces2 & Xerces-J ? Would
like to know any resources where they can list out the differences.

I would be very thankful if somebody out there can help me out in this.
Sorry if i made you guyz annoyed with the level of expertise i have in XML.

Thanks,
- Venu

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.
On Wednesday, 11/20/2002 at 11:26ZE5B, "Venugopal.V.V" <ve...@symphony.cc>
wrote:
> I tried executing the command
>     java org.apache.xerces.framework.Version,
> but that gives me the following error..

> org/apache/xerces/frameWork/Version

Java package names are case sensitive. Judging from the error text, you
typed the W as uppercase. Don't.