Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Benoit Tellier <be...@minet.net> on 2015/09/14 21:06:59 UTC

My Telecom-SudParis end of school project on SIEVE and Manage SIEVE

Hi every one !

My internship at Linagora ended last Friday. I will soon go back to
school at Telecom-SudParis.

I will manage myself to try to find some time to continue to work on James.

I proposed a end of studies' project on James. It is a four month
project for two peoples ( ~200 hours of code ), me, and Erwan
Guyomarc'h. The aim is to better integrate Sieve. It has the following
goals :

### Sieve integration

  - Make LocalDelivery mailet use SIEVE repositories instead of local files
  - Move SieveRepositories and the like to data-* projects
  - Write generic unit tests for SieveRepositories
  - Implement a Cassandra based SIEVE repository
  - Write integration tests for implemented SIEVE features

### Manage Sieve

  - Write a netty based implementation ( using today's mailet based parser )
  - Use MPT to write integration tests for Manage Sieve protocol.

### Additional SIEVE features

  - For now it is only plan to implement RFC 5230 : Vacation Extension

If you have any comment, remarks and the like, don't hesitate !

Cheers,

Benoit

Re: My Telecom-SudParis end of school project on SIEVE and Manage SIEVE

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
Hello Benoit,

Thank you your contributions and we hope we'll see you around.
Good luck with your work on the project.

Regards,

Re: My Telecom-SudParis end of school project on SIEVE and Manage SIEVE

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Thank you also Benoit for all the great work.
Have fun at school and see you soon here.
Eric

Eric Charles http://datalayer.io

Re: My Telecom-SudParis end of school project on SIEVE and Manage SIEVE

Posted by Benoit Tellier <be...@minet.net>.
Thank you very much !

Posted by Stephen Brewin <sb...@apache.org>.
Thanks Benoit