Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Roman <dr...@multimatic.com> on 2001/03/08 15:51:40 UTC

I am a new user

I apologise for this email but I am looking for some help and I have already
spent two days trying to configure Tomcat with NT4.0 SP6 using IIS 4.0.  I
believe there are some ambiguities on your web page tomcat-iis-howto.html.
I have followed those instructions and can not get any of the JSP pages to
work.  When I try to open the index.html page found in the /examples/jsp
directory I get "The page cannot be displayed" error.  I know that I am very
new to using JSP and Tomcat but I would really appreciate some help with
this.

Dave Roman

When shutting down the Tomcat server I get the following error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.util.Miss
ingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name
org.apache.tomcat.resource
s.LocalStrings, locale en_US
        at
java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle
.java:707)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:679)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:546)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.StringManager.<init>(StringManager.java:115)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.StringManager.getManager(StringManager.java:26
0)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.<clinit>(Tomcat.java:24)

I am running NT4.0 SP6, IIS4.0, Tomcat 3.2.1, JDK1.3, with Java Runtime 1.3

Any ideas???????